Thanks to @jameswire for this piece – I absolutely agree.
A visit to the Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Website led me to read about the Directorate of Physical Planning and I saw these opening lines, “To plan the development of the functional urba…
So its official, Kampala might as well be called Boda Central! When you are named Banana Republic, then you can understand why so many things go rotten quickly, and why its always slippery if you step on the peels.
I am sick to my stomach, and angry at the sight of a Police Officer (Director of Operations) standing on a make shift stage, along side an unidentified man, who is rallying Boda Boda cyclists against the impending registration and re-ordering of their operation within the city; and ordering the Capital City Authority to withdraw the registration instructions.
Who is this man? Does he live in Kampala? How long has he lived in Kampala? How many Boda Bodas does he have? How much, in taxes, does he pay every year? How much has he actually paid, proof of which he has? Am just trying to establish the moral and positional authority, especially on behalf of the 3.5 million persons who live in Kampala, against which he can stand and order disobedience of a public instruction of a city authority…
Work with me on this one, we know the drill, right?
“This is 112 – Police Emmergency”
“Hello, there’s been a shooting, its outside my shop here in Luzira. these KCCA people”
“Dispatch Kampala South East, Shoots Fired, Armed KCCA units Reported, Luzira, Business Area…”
and it goes on, as officer and by-stander try to recreate the scene of the recent Luzira Shooting. Fast Foward to a Police presence, that is equipped to near levels as popular TV Drama Crime Scene Investigation – CSI-NY; and you have yourself a conundrum…
1. Who is Komakech? Does he have any history of Violence? Let alone, armed violence?
2. Was there Motive to shoot?
3. Was there motive to shoot to kill?
4. Which Gun did Komakech have on that day? Under who was it registered? When was it purchased? From Where?
5. Which gun fired the killer shot?
6. Whose finger prints are on the gun that fired the killer shot? When were these lifted?
7. How many rounds were fired?
8. How many shells were recovered from the scene?
9. Where was the shooter standing when the killer shot was fired?
10. where was the vic when the shot got to them?
11. Were there any rounds recovered from the scene of murder?
12. Are the striations on those rounds consistent with all rounds fired from the killer weapon?
13. Is it possible there was another shooter not recorded on media footage?
14. Is it possible the killer bullet was stray? – Oh BTW Ugandans, there is such a thing as a stray bullet…
15. Was all the evidence gathered from the Crime Scene?
16. Is the escape car, part of this evidence? If so, is it at a Police Station?
17. Has the Killer bullet been recovered from the victim?
18. Was the shot itself fatal, OR was it the results of the shot, like bleeding to death?
19. Can we rule out infection of the gunshot wound being at all a cause of death?
20. How big was the Crime Scene? How insulated was it from public intereference since sunday?
In CSI, answers to these questions would take even a couple of weeks, and quite foreseeably, DPPs would be itching to get their hands on the ‘evidence’ to be able to press charges – and rightly so appease the masses. The procedures to answering these questions are quite meticulous, intentional and usually thoroughly conclusive.
All manner of skill, expertise and equipment are placed on display, usually, the state (of New York) will win the case on scientifically accurate, forensics evidence, and the lawyering on probable cause and motive is greatly helped by this evidence.
I wonder, DPP has already pressed charges for Murder – but i dare ask, how many of those 20 (and possibly more questions) can the Investigative department of Police, conclusively answer, right away. (Since Sunday).
I wonder, can we have a CSI in Kampala?
What were you doing up at 3 am, in order for you to know your votes were being stolen (or his being stuffed)?
And how come you do not have any individual arrested at that time? Yet you were there?
You insist voting started at 4am, were you there to confirm? If so, did you check the ballot box and it was empty? If not, why did you proceed with voting? If not, then recall your statement that voting began that early. You are just speculating, you are not any different from Election observers!
And why is it that after the stuffing, you now want one person disqualified? Oh give me a break, did you see him stuff? do you have any decent proof other than paranoia?